Friday, October 12, 2012

First Post, please ignore

Through indirect and really non-existent peer-pressures I have decided to start my very own fail blog about EVE. So here we go:

My journey through eve thus far has been a very fortunate one. I have been grouped with some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable space pilots in EVE Faction Warfare who have helped shape who I have become as a pilot. Starting with a short stint in Fweddit, getting confused, joining a smaller Faction Warfare corporation that sort of disbanded and finally merged with the corporation Imperial Outlaws. While there I have met very intelligent, kind, and deadly members such as Almity, Shalee, Daisha, Ryven, Zarnak, Joni (slightly less deadly :P), and anyone else who has I have flown with from I.Law since joining three months previous.

Over the last three months I have begun my journey to become a solo and small gang pvper and so far it has held mixed results. I have learned so many things from so many people that I have developed some really good and some really bad habits. Starting with the bad and working our way up:


  1. I feel a very strong urge to put shiny modules onto very expensive ships and give Almity minor heart attacks. I am slowly getting over this habit due to my complete lack of isk. I can attribute this habbit to  TMFED's very own RTS Avalanche.
  2. Spending isk I don't have. I don't really know how this started happening but I find myself with so little isk that repairing cruiser sized modules becomes difficult. I can safely attribute this one to the learning curve in pvp (losing a ton of ships) and RTS.
On to the good habits: 
  1. I always approach a situation with caution, checking my dscan, checking local numbers, and having a prior knowledge of what sort of back up can arrive. I have learned a lot of this from flying around with various members of I.Law and TMFED.
  2. Be quick on the D-scan! Gotta catch those afk, speed tanking minmatar alts off guard.
  3. Don't be stupid, don't lose your ships needlessly, don't ruin the kill board, and don't engage on a lone interceptor with a gang of SFIs in the next system over. Almity has drilled this one into me. 
Hopefully with the upcoming Winter Patch I will be able to keep funding my pvp life style, enjoy the new cruisers, and keep throwing down with these imperial fools. Thanks to I.Law for being awesome and I hope to be with them for another 3 months as well. 

TL;DR - I suck at PVP thank you everyone for trying to make me better I learned some stuff... and now I am the resident space bum of an awesome corp called I.Law. 

Good night, and good luck,
-BCninja

P.S. IDGAF if I stole that sign off, it is awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Classic Amarr behavior. Typical Minmatar behavior: Leroy around and shoot anything that isn't militia, and expect to lose your ship. If you go into a fight not caring if you lose you ship, you win more fights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuan, he never said he didn't expect to lose ships, in fact he specifically stated that he's lost a lot of ships as he learns how to solo PVP.

    Theres a big difference between being not fighting because you're afraid to lose ships and having good basic situational awareness. You don't win more fights ignoring the fact that there are two active Falcon pilots in local or by engaging a lone ship with an entire gang on the other side of the gate. You just lose more ships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never said that I Leroy Jenkins into every fight, in fact I said I have learned not to by using my D-scan and assessing all the variables that are seen and unseen. Haha. Also, this isn't really in any sort of organized fleet. This is us roaming around solo, duo, or trio looking for fights in and around my home systems. I know that is a concept that is difficult to grasp for someone who is constantly in blobs (:P), but I find it much more rewarding and entertaining. Sure I don't win as much due to the fair fights, but I sure love the feeling you get from winning on a level playing field. I never want to lose my ships, I just put them into riskier situations than most pilots.

    ReplyDelete