Thursday, January 24, 2013

Why EVE is awesome (Offline mode)

Since going to College (University for the non-Americans) I have been really busy with my studies, friends, and other R.L. events and because grades come first I have had to take a hiatus from EVE. No more solo PVP or roams with friends. :( It kind of sucks, but until Summer it is how it is going to be. The great thing about EVE though, is even if you don't log in you can still be immersed in the game through all of its outlets. Reddit.com, blog posts, the eve site itself, youtube.com, etc all fulfill all my EVE needs when I am out of game. I can watch the latest happenings in game, learn about the most current loadouts, fleet doctrines, FW battles, epic kills, and changes to the game without ever logging in. The community of this game is awesome. I can now see why there are so many lurkers for this game that never end up actually signing up, just because of the entertainment value and sheer volume of content. Just today I discovered a cool website called www.fleet-up.com and messed around there for a while. A fantastic tool developed for corporations by a player. So even though I can't dedicate time to logging in every day (or never logging off :3 ), I can take 10 minutes a day to check out the latest and greatest of EVE online and look forward to the day I return. Can't wait.

-The clown formerly known as BCninja

P.S. Much love to my Exiles 

No comments:

Post a Comment